• 1895: King Leopold of Belgium sells part of his vast property to Mr Péretmère, 6,5 ha are destinated to be the parc of the future Hotel.
• 1908: Opening the Grand Hotel du Cap.
• 1912: Opening of the Villa Ephrussie de Rothschild, private residence of Baronne Beatrice de Rothschild (grand daughter of James Mayer de Rothschild)
• 1920: The Grand Hotel is bought by Madame Ferras. former Holiday resort for Queen Victoria, Winston Churchill. The famous Somerset Maugham and Sao Schlumberger were the neighbours and friends of the Hotel bar.
• 1999: Renovation.
• 2008: Renovation.
• 2011 May 5: Grand Hotel du Cap receives the new official Label « Palace ***** » given by the French Ministy of Tourism to describe a new elite categorie of 5 Star Hotels in France. Unlike Grand Hotel du Cap not every French « Palace » is part of « Palace Hotels of the World.com », as some do not have enough historic background to be listed.
Article by « Grand Hotels of the World & VB.com », written from « Cremerie de Paris ».
• Management: Fourseasons.