• 1681: First official record of the Hostellerie at the three Kings. The name is in refernce to the three wise men from the bible: Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar. Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois is one of the oldest hotels in Europe.
• 1842: Reconstruction of the Hotel under the Swiss Architect Amadeus Merian.
• 1844 February 16: Reopening the the Hotel.
• 1915: Southern part of the Hotel, Blumenrain 2, sold to the Kantonalbank.
• 2004: Acquisition of the Hotel and the ajascent southern section Blumenrain 2 by the Swiss Businessman Thomas Straumann, the world’s biggest maker of dental implants. Renovation under the Basel Architect Christian Lang.
• 2006 March 16: Reopening of he Hotel.
Napoléon Bonaparte, Élisabeth II, Pablo Picasso and Thomas Mann came here.
Article by « Grand Hotels of the World & VB.com », written from « Cremerie de Paris ».