• 1744: Wiesbaden becomes the residence of the Princes of Nassau-Usingen.
• 1806: Wiesbaden becomes the capital of the newly founded Duchy of Nassau (Herzogtum Nassau).
• 1813: Johann Freinsheim opens a hotel called « Das Deutsche Haus ».
• 1816: The Hotel is renmed in Hotel Nassau.
• 1819: Acquisition of the building by Johann Friedrich Goetz.
• 1820: The facade of the Hotel is transformed in a neoclassical style.
• 1827: Opening of a theater, the « Herzogliche Hoftheater » near the hotel makes Wiesbaden more attractif.
• 1840: Inauguration of the Trainstation with a direct connection to the nearby banking city Frankfurt.
• 1917: The industrialist Hugo Stinnes from the Ruhr area buys the hotel from the Goez hotelier family.
Article by « Grand Hotels of the World & VB.com », written from « Cremerie de Paris ».