Background of Cesar Ritz
• 1850: Birth of Cesar Ritz in Niederwald, Switzerland.
• 1867: Cesar Ritz comes to Paris at the occasion of the Exposition Universelle and starts working as a young waiter in different Restaurants.
• 1881: Ritz becomes the Director of the Grand Hotel de Monte Carlo.
• 1888: Ritz and his partner Auguste Escoffier buy a restaurant in Baden-Baden.
• 1889: Sir Richard d’Oily Carte convinces Cesar Ritz to becomes the Director of the his famous Hotel Savoy in London.
• 1896: Cesar Ritz creates the Ritz Hotel Development Company. César Ritz decides to create a new style of Luxury Hotel destinated to clients ready to pay a very high price under the condition he offers them what they cannot find anywhere else.
• 1898: Opening of the Hotel Ritz in Paris.
• 1906: Opening of the Hotel Ritz in London.
• 2009: Bring it On – TV program, How to become a waiter at the Ritz.
Article by « Grand Hotels of the World & VB.com », written from « Cremerie de Paris ».